Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Chicken Orzo Salad With Goat Cheese

 

My world has been turned upside down since Thanksgiving and I am now just seeing light at the end of the tunnel.  So many things have happened and what once was isn't anymore and things are starting to come full circle.  I'm thankful I'm still standing! To that end I am looking forward to spring which I view as a new begining even much more than I do the New Year.  Which I must say gave me false hope for the future this year.
 
As a small tribute I share this salad which I mostly prepare in spring and summer.  It's a quick and creamy pasta salad that I have chosen to make with orzo but I suspect that you could substitute other types of pasta easily here.  I love the creaminess of the goat cheese and the bright pop of color that the cherry tomatoes add to the dish.  I could eat a pint of cherry tomatoes in on sitting.  So good.  Enjoy!

 
 





 
 
 
Chicken Orzo Salad with Goat Cheese
1 1/4 cup uncooked orzo
3 cups chopped grilled chicken breasts
1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
1/4 cup chopped red  onion
1/2 teaspoon basil
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon parsley
2 Tbs balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoon olive oil
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
4 ounces crumbled goat cheese
 
Cook pasta according to package directions; drain well.
 
Combine pasta, chicken, and next 6 ingredients in a bowl; toss well.
 
In a small bowl whisk together red wine vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper.  Toss over salad.  Sprinkle with cheese. Mix together gently and serve.
 
Servings: 8
Cooking Times
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
 

No comments:

Post a Comment