Sunday, December 23, 2012

Pale Tiger Butter



Usually, the kitchen is my sanctuary, but there seems to be a line that I rarely cross which prevents me from doing things that will bring me happiness.  Lately, I have been living life on the other side of that line. My life has been chaotic and stressful for the last little while and it finally caught up with me. 

What has brought me back to a place where I smile more is that Christmas is right around the corner.  I pushed myself to get back into the kitchen and bake.  It has tipped the scale a little bit in my favor. Spending time with my kids has added weight to the happy scale.  There is nothing like the sweet comments about Christmas from the mouths of babes that reminds me how magical this time of year is for them which in turn makes it magical for me. I am blessed to have been reminded.

Okay, the mouths of babes is a bit dramatic.  My boys are 18 and 12 and they are hardly babies anymore.  Plus, they eat my cookies and candy more like little piglets and less like babes.  This treat has become a favorite of theirs over the last few years and even the one that doesn't enjoy peanut butter seems to not mind it here.  I have no idea why it is called pale tiger butter because it is peanut butter and chocolate candy swirled together.  A fancy peanut butter cup, if you will. 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Pale Tigers Butter
2 cups white chocolate, melted
1 1/3 cups peanut butter, crunchy
1 cup semisweet chocolate, melted
 
Line a 10x15 inch pan with parchment and set aside.
 
Melt both white and bittersweet chocolate seperately, using your favorite method.  When melting the white chocolate add the peanut butter, stirring constantly until well blended. Spread the peanut butter and chocolate onto the prepared pan.
 
Next pour the melted bittersweet chocolate over top, using a knife, swirl to create a marble pattern. Put in fridge and chill until firm, then cut into two inch pieces.
 
Servings: 60
Cooking Times
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Inactive Time: 4 hours


No comments:

Post a Comment