Sunday, October 28, 2012

Pumpkin Ravioli Fried In Brown Butter

 
 
 
 

Today I had three whole hours all to myself in my very own house!  I can't even remember the last time this awesome occurrence happened and I wasn't about to let it go to waste.  I hunkered down in the kitchen and made myself something wonderful and unexpected for lunch.  Down to the last cup of pumpkin in the very large can that I purchased at the beginning of the season, and the fact that I was left to my own devices meant only one thing for me.  Pumpkin ravioli!

I have only indulged on this yummy dish once before about five years ago.  Back then I was just really started to be adventurous in the kitchen and I was all about semi-homemade back then.  We ate many boxes of packaged rice dishes and canned vegetables and at the time I thought we were very well fed.  True to form, I liked Sandra Lee just a little bit, and I came across a recipe that she had for pumpkin ravioli.  It was so delicous!  Even today, I was very inspired by her recipe and I want you to know that she isn't all bad all the time.  I did change it up a little bit but her recipe was definitely my inspiration.


 
 
 
 
 
Pumpkin Ravioli Fried in Brown Butter
1 tablespoon butter
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 cup canned pumpkin
1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/4 cup ricotta cheese
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 tsp black pepper
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
24 wonton wrappers
4 tablespoons butter

In a saucepan melt one tablespoon butter over medium heat.  Add onion and cook until tender.

Combine onion, pumpkin, parmesan, ricotta, salt, pepper, and nutmeg in a small bowl. Spoon 1 teaspoon pumpkin mixture into center of each wonton wrapper. Moisten edges of dough with water; bring 2 opposite sides together to form a triangle, pinching edges to seal.
 
Place ravioli into a large saucepan of boiling water.  When the ravioli float on top they are done, about 3 to 4 minutes.  With a slotted spoon remove from water and drain.
 
Place butter in a sauce pan to melt, Swirl the butter and allow to brown.  Fry ravioli in brown butter for a minute on each side.  Remove and place on a platter to serve.
 
Servings: 4
Cooking Times
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
 

No comments:

Post a Comment