Friday, July 20, 2012

Double Milk Chocolate Cookies



Today I bought a new handbag.  I wouldn't exactly call it an impulse purchase because really it wasn't.  It was a purchase that I did upon impulse in the moment after thinking about the darn thing for two straight days.  I may have even dreamed about it.   It was a consignment bag and it was one of those things that if I don't purchase it I will kick myself for a really long time to come.  The bag was a steal by fashion standards but I still paid twice what I have ever put out for a handbag before.  It's kind of making me sick to my stomach.  I mean, do I tell my husband how much I shelled out for the handbag or do I just tell him how awesome of a deal it was?  I think I will console myself with cookies. 

I'm awesome and made no note of where this recipe came from.  I don't know if it is in original form or if I somehow tweaked it but I'm pretty sure it is in original form and that it came from a cookbook, but I'm not entirely certain.  What I am certain about is my review that I wrote back in September 2011 when I first made these cookies, "These may be the best chocolate chocolate cookies ever.  Rich and so good.  Crispy on the very edges and deliciously delectable in the center." I don't know what more you could want for a cookie. 


Double Milk Chocolate Cookies
3/4 cup butter
12 oz milk chocolate, chopped finely
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

In a double broiler melt butter and half of the chopped milk chocolate together, whisking to combine as it melts; remove from heat and place mixture into bowl of stand mixer (you could also use a hand mixer).  Add granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla and mix to combine.

In a seperate bowl sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.  Add to chocolate mixture and mix to combine.  Add in the remaining chopped milk chocolate and incorporate into the dough.  Refrigerate dough for about an hour.

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Line cookie trays with parchment paper.  Drop heaping tablespoons of dough onto prepared cookie sheets.  Bake for 8-10 minutes.  Cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes then transfer to racks to cool completely.

Servings: 30
Cooking Times
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Inactive Time: 1 hour
Oven Temperature: 375°F




No comments:

Post a Comment