Sunday, May 6, 2012

BBQ chicken pizza



I'm still sitting on my duff instead of dancing around my kitchen making messes which has even involved ordering Applebee's 2 for $20 curbside to go for dinner last night. Please don't hate, but this is something we do a few times a year.  We kind of like it.  In fact, would you believe that Applebee's has a pretty decent bar too?  I know this because when my husband landing a job at a company that was not the company he had previously been slaving away at for the previous five years, I wanted to take him out to a fancy dinner to celebrate. Do you know what he picked?  Yes, that's right, we went to Applebee's.  I must admit I was a little annoyed by the choice and made no bones about making him fully aware of this by way of deep and heavy sighs of disapproval.  I'm kind of awesome with ruinging my perfectly good intentions by letting my inner diva take over. That is until I had a drink and ate some boneless wings.  I don't even want to know how those wings became boneless. 

This afternoon I looked through my very limited photographic archive and came across one of my favorite recipes that I have yet to share with you.  I'm aching to get back to my blog and I'm pretty excited that I found something worthy of your viewing and your making.  I'm including the pizza dough recipe that I used and the instructions for the bread machine.  Obviously you don't have to use the bread machine but I like sticking the ingredients in, hitting the dough cycle, and forgetting about it.  However, it would be just as easy to mix the dough and let it rise on its own.  Yeah, we added pickles, cuz we are weird, but that's just how we roll.







Pizza Dough
1 cup  water
2 tablespoons oil
3 cups  bread flour
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 teaspoon active dry yeast

Add the ingredients to bread machine in the order recommended by its manufacturer. Select dough setting. Walk away and watch a movie on demand while the bread machine does it's thang.

When cycle is complete, remove dough from machine.

Servings: 8
Cooking Times
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes

BBQ chicken pizza
1 pizza crust (recipe above)
10-12 oz chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
1 Tbs olive oil
1/2 cup barbecue sauce
1 cup gouda cheese, shredded
1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/4 small red onion, sliced into rings
2 Tbs cilantro

1. Preheat the oven to 425.  Shape pizza dough onto pizza pan or stone.

2. Spread barbecue sauce over the surface of the dough. Spread cheese then chicken evenly over the sauce. Place the onion rings over the chicken pieces.

3. Place the pizza in the oven and bake until crust is crispy and cheese is bubbling (check after 10 minutes). Remove pizza from the oven and sprinkle with cilantro.

Cooking Times
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Oven Temperature: 425°F

No comments:

Post a Comment