Monday, April 23, 2012

I miss this place

I had no idea I would be gone for so long! My surgery was on March 26th and almost a month later I am still in a full leg brace (locked in the straight position - no bending allowed), and I feel like I'm lugging around an extra ten pounds with each and every step.  I glaced at my calendar this morning and realized I still have another 16 days until my next doctors appointment and until I am finally out of this brace. Then it is onto physical therapy so I am far from where I want to be.

My "me" time has dwindled down to nearly nothing.  My easy car commute has nearly quadrupled in time on the bus and I am gone from the house four hours longer than I used to be, two on each side of my day. Those afternoon hours I love to devote to snapping photos of food so that I can roll out a post do not exist at the moment.  These days I get dinner on the table (sometimes with some help from the boys) and then collapse on the couch until I can crawl into bed.  The one bonus to riding the bus is the ridiculous number of books I have been reading on my snazzy new kindle that my husband purchased for me just before surgery.  I haven't had so much forced down time since, well, since I can't remember when. 

I miss this place.  I miss writing.  I miss baking.  I miss being in my kitchen for pure pleasure. No pictures, recipe.  Just an I miss this place and  I hope to be back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment