Monday, January 2, 2012

Buttermilk Sour Cream Waffles



Happy New Year!

I am not generally a New Year's Resolution girl but when thinking about my blog I have one that comes to mind so I'm going to put it out there.  I want to start taking better pictures.  Sure, my pictures now are way better than my pictures from my first posts, but they are no where near where I want them to be.  I also want to get a new camera but I think that is a side issue because I've heard that it doesn't really matter what kind of camera you have, if you are a good photographer, your pictures will be good.  Still, a part of me thinks that with a new camera, my pictures will magically become better.  I wish I had that photographer's eye.  It would also be awesome to be one of those food photographers with a little "set up".  You know; with lighting, props, and a table, so that no matter what dark thirty hour I am taking pictures they will turn out okay.  I'm getting ahead of myself and dreaming a bit too far ahead!

Now for breakfast!  I have spent the last two weeks either being sick or taking care of someone who is sick, only to wake up this morning at 8:30 and realize that DS#2 had been asleep for 15 hours with no signs of waking up.  I rustled him awake, gave him some medicine, a throat lozenge, and dumped him in a warm bath.  Poor little dude.  While he soaked away I made some breakfast for the clan.  I took a recipe that worked okay for us and tweaked it a bit to come up with this.  It is so good!  I froze the leftovers because they are so much better than Eggos.  Homeade waffles for the win. 






Buttermilk Sour Cream Waffles
1 1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup cornstarch
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
3 tsp sugar
1 cup buttermilk
1 cup sour cream
2/3 cup vegetable oil
2 egg
1 1/2 tsp vanila extract
your favorite waffle accompaniment for serving

In a large bowl, sift together the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar.

In another bowl whisk together buttermilk, sour cream, oil, egg, and vanilla. (I use a 3 cup measure, measure ingredients, then whisk.)

Preheat your waffle iron and spray with non-stick spray if necessary.  Add 1/2 cup batter and cook according to your waffle iron manufacture instructions.  Top with your favorite accessories and serve.

Servings: 12
Cooking Times
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment