Monday, December 19, 2011

Spirited Chocolate Chip Cookies

Who knew that buying liquor would put me into a holiday mood?  I am not that much of a drinker, but this year alcohol has been on my mind!  I envisioned yummy after dinner cocktails that involved coffee and a high level of tipsy so I headed over to the liquor store and bought just the necessities; kahlua and rum.  I plan on making hot buttered rum and spiking my eggnog and I'm sure I will manage to inhale the kahlua in one fashion or another.  Baking with these intoxicants was also planned and I got started this weekend with a cookie recipe I first tried a few years ago.  The cookies are good the first day but like anything with alcohol it tastes better with a few days to marry all of the flavors.  Enjoy!

Spirited Chocolate Chips Cookies
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
1 egg
2 Tbs Kahlua
1 1/8 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 Tbs unsweetened cocoa
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips

Cream together butter and sugar together in a large bowl until light and creamy; about five minutes. Add egg and liquer and beat until smooth.

Sift together flour, salt, baking soda, and cooa in a medium sized bowl.  And to creamed mixture, blending well.  Stir in nuts and chocoate chips. Refrigerate dough for about an hour or until the dough is easy to handle. 

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cover baking sheets with parchment paper.  Drop by generous teaspoons onto a greased cookie sheet.  Bake 10 minutes, or until lightly browned.  Let cool for several minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.

Servings: 36
Cooking Times
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Oven Temperature: 375°F

No comments:

Post a Comment