Monday, December 5, 2011

Lacey Oatmeal Sandwich Cookies



I had an amazing "Heidi" weekend as I like to call them.  It really revolved all around me which makes me so very happy, I am a Leo afterall.  On Saturday I went holiday craft fairing with a friend of mine and I had such a good time.  We clicked in that girl kind of way that made it just so much fun.  A half dozen craft fairs, lunch, espresso, and a temporary tattoo later I came home with trinkets and gifts for everyone else but left empty handed for myself. 

I did find fabulous gifts for me but I have a rule that I follow when purchasing for myself; I walk away and if the item pops into my head later I mull over the purchase for a while and 99% of the time I never go back.  This weekend was different, however, and one item in particular kept tugging at my heart.  I emailed the crafter but I was too late and the one of a kind item sold but she was generous enough to make me a similar piece for puchase next weekend.  I'm so looking forward to it and I will show you my treasure just as soon as I can.

Craft fairs are just one part of the holiday season that I love so much, baking is another.  These cookies are the start of my baking season that will happen over the next few weeks.  They don't particularly scream out Christmas to me but they are delicious and decadent and not something that I make year round.  I hope you enjoy them!




Lacy Oatmeal Sandwich Cookies
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
2/3 cup butter or 2/3 cup margarine
1 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup corn syrup
1/4 cup milk
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted

Preheat oven to 375°F. Line cookie sheet with buttered foil.

Mix flour and oats together in a medium bowl.

In a large bowl, mix together butter, sugar and corn syrup. Add milk to the butter mixture and mix well. Stir in the flour mixture and mix well.

Drop batter by level teaspoonfuls 3 inches apart onto prepared cookie sheet. Press each cookie slightly with the back of a fork or spoon.

Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until cookies have spread and are browned around the edges.

Immediately transfer the foil and cookies to a wire rack.  Peel cookies off foil after they've cooled.

Now spread a thin layer of semi-sweet chocolate on the bottom of 1/4 of the cookies and white chocolate on 1/4 of the cookies. Top each with the bottom side of the remaining cookies.

Servings: 24
Cooking Times
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Oven Temperature: 375°F

No comments:

Post a Comment