Monday, November 28, 2011

Classic Snickerdoodles


I have spent the past ten days hulled up with my family and enjoying each and every moment. There was a hotel and waterpark with a pretty B.A. (bad ass for those that don't have teenagers) waterslide properly named the typhoon but I always called it the hurricane, hanging out on the couch, Thanksgiving dinner, Christmas shopping, and Twilight movies.  There was also an airport involved and unexpected tears that came on like a storm.  I hate goodbyes and the older son #1 gets the more I hate them.  I know that each hello is growing further and further apart and it makes my heart ache just thinking about it.

So while he is here I do things like bake his favorite cookies because I can and because it makes him smile which makes me smile because that kid has got the most awesome dimples you ever will see.  There is nothing special or amazing about this recipe, they are your classic snickerdoodle and they are good.  They are so good with a cup of mom's homemade hot chocolate.  Just ask my kids.






Snickerdoodles
1 1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup shortening
2 eggs
2 3/4 cup flour
2 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
3 Tbs sugar
3 tsp ground cinnamon

Heat oven to 400 degrees.

Mix sugar, butter, and shortening in a bowl until creamed.  Add eggs and beat.

In another bowl sift flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt.  Add to creamed mixture.

Mix together sugar and cinnamon.

Shape dough into balls and dip into cinnamon and sugar mixture.  Place on a baking sheet.

Bake for 8-10 minutes.

Servings: 36
Cooking Times
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 8-10 minutes
Oven Temperature: 400°F

No comments:

Post a Comment