Sunday, October 2, 2011

Pumpkin Pancakes



In my neck of the woods (thanks Al Roker, for getting that permanentely stuck in my head) it has been a rainy and wet weekend.  All I want to do is watch football, snuggle on the couch, and read. 

I'm currently reading The Devil In Pew Number Seven after a series of stories about the author and her early life appeared on CNN a few weeks ago.  I'm about a third of the way through the book which is rather rare for me.  I am known for reading a book in a weekend, but this one is a bit harder for me due to the overwhelming (in my opinion) references to religion and scripture.  I don't particularly enjoy religion, but I knew that the book was written this way and decided to go for it anyway, so I'm battling through.  The CNN articles I linked to  above is fascinating and hooked me into downloading the book.  I'll let you know when I finally finish it.  *wink*

Pumpkin and rain go hand and hand for me.  Each day as I drive home from work I pass Theno's Dairy in Redmond, WA.  Recently they have been counting down to their midnite madness release of pumpkin ice cream which happened Saturday morning at 12:00am.  It's has really got me craving pumpkin and particularly pumpkin ice cream (I've got a recipe to try that I hope to blog about in the near future) but for now I am settling on pumpkin pancakes.  They are yummy and fallish and just so good.  Happy weekend and enjoy!

Pumpkin Pancakes
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 Tbs sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 pinch clove
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup milk
1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
2 Tbs melted butter
1 egg

Sift  flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, clove, and salt in a bowl.

In a separate bowl whisk together milk, pumpkin, melted butter, and egg. Fold mixture into dry ingredients.

Place skillet over medium to medium high heat and lightly spray or grease (if needed).  Pour in 1/4 cup batter for each pancake, spreading the batter evenly for even cooking (batter will be thick). Cook pancakes about 3 minutes per side. Serve with butter and syrup.

Servings: 4
Cooking Times
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes   

2 comments:

  1. I adore pumpkin pancakes! As soon as the weather turned cooler here in Texas I immediately started pulling out all my pumpkin recipes. Can't wait to try this one out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy pumpkin pancakes!! These look delicious, great recipe! :)

    ReplyDelete