Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Moistest Pumpkin Bread

I am awesome, I really am.  I managed to finish off an entire 30 ounce can of pumpkin pretty much all by myself.  My family is not a huge fan so I knew that once I opened that baby I would have to consume much of it myself or force it upon other people.  I did a little bit of both.  This bread being the later.  I baked it up and brought it to work one day and it was gone that same day.  I'm so thankful I work with people who are willing to consume just about any baked concoction I bring their way.

This bread is moist and fluffy and borders on cakeyness but it isn't quite there.  I think that it still qualifies as a bread.  The color is beautiful, the batter delicious, and the bread wonderful schmeared with a pat of butter.  I made 1 regular loaf and 3 mini loaves from this recipe.  The leftover mini loaves I wrapped and put in the freezer.  I like to give them away to friends and family over the next couple of months during the holiday season.  I'm okay with the fact that they aren't freshly baked and in fact they probably had no idea they weren't until now.


Moistest Pumpkin Bread
1 3/4 cups sugar
1/2 cup oil
2 eggs
1 cup canned pumpkin
1/3 cup buttermilk
1 3/4 cups bread flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp clove
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp allspice

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease pans (this will make 2 loaf pans, 6 minis, or a combo thereof).

2. Beat together oil and sugar until creamed.  Add eggs, pumpkin, and buttermilk.

3. Sift the dry ingredients and combine with wet ingredients; mixing until combined.

4. Pour into pans and bake for 30 minutes for mini loaves and 45 minutes for regular loaves.  Let cool completely in pans on wire racks.

Servings: 20
Yield: 2 regular loaves
Cooking Times: 30-45 minutes
Preparation Time: 10 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment