Monday, September 19, 2011

Pumpkin Spice Latte



Fall is my favorite time of the year and it is hitting Seattle with full force.  On Saturday I packed away my summer clothes that barely saw the light of day and in the wee hours of Sunday morning I was awoken by the pounding of a fall rainstorm.  It was bliss (for now, ask me again in April and I will have a different response).   One of my favorite ways to enjoy the season is with  Starbuck's Pumpkin Spice Latte .  It is out now but I haven't yet made it down to get one.  I did, however, have a can of packed pumpkin stowed away in my pantry so I decided to make one. 

One of the items going on my Christmas list this year is an espresso machine.  My husband and I both love espresso and I think it would be really lovely to be able to make them at home on weekends.  I picture myself having a fully stocked coffee bar, the way others stock up on alcohol.  Until then I will make this with instant espresso but you can easily substitute the water and instant espresso for a homemade shot.  Enjoy!






Pumpkin Spice Latte (from Family Circle magazine several years ago)
2 cups milk, (any kind, try soy!)
2/3 cup water
4 tsp espresso powder
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
4 Tbs sugar
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp vanilla extract

In a small saucepan, whisk together water, milk,  and espresso powder.  Simmer over medium heat.

Add pumpkin puree, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla; whisking until combined.

Reduce heat to a simmer.  Stir occasionally for 10 minutes. Serve immediately.

Servings: 2
Cooking Times
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment