Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Peanut Butter Cookie Tarts


It's been a while but I'm hoping that it is like riding a bike.  It may not look pretty, or feel quite right your first attempt (or two) but in no time you are back in the groove of things.  That's what I'm hoping for.  I'm gonna start off real slow with something easy, something you've all probably seen before a few thousand times, but that's okay. 

Sometimes we get so wrapped up in trying the hundreds (or more!) of new recipes in our files from blogs, newspaper clippings, and that awesome recipe you saw on the food network, that we forget about the ones we know and love.  I am always on the lookout for the next best thing or that awesome twist on that recipe that I love that I forget how good the original can be all on its own.




Peanut Butter Cookie Tarts
36 reese's miniature peanut butter cups, unwrapped
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1 large egg, beaten
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 cups flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

Cream peanut butter, butter, sugar and brown sugar until fluffy.   Add egg, vanilla, flour, baking soda and salt; mix well.

Roll into 1-inch balls and place in miniature muffin tins with or without papers.   Bake 8-10 minutes at 375°F.

When tins are removed from oven, immediately press 1 peanut butter cup into the center of the cookie. Allow to cool completely before removing cookies from the tin.

Servings: 36
Cooking Times
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Oven Temperature: 375°F


2 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you there is something nice sometimes about just making something you know and not trying to change it. It's perfect the way it is just like these wonderful looking peanut butter tarts. Yum! I haven't had one in ages and now I think I need one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heidi-Thank you for commenting on my blog, I hope you decide to follow, as well!
    I love your adorable and yummy PBcookie tarts...a genius idea with the miniature Reeses:DDD

    I'm going to tweet about this, and post it on facebook...don't see that you have Google Friend Connect!

    ReplyDelete