Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Fudge Pops


Summer comes late if at all in my neck of the woods so it is fitting for me that I am only now thinking about frozen treats.  Truth be told it's still chilly by summer's standards.  Last night I went out to dinner with three of my girlfriends exiting the restaurant at 10pm.  I was wearing linen capris, a short sleeved v-neck shirt, and strappy sandals.  I was shivering and so were my girlfriends, one brave enough to verbalize the fact that it was an August summer night and all of our nipples were standing at attention.  Thanks for that.

I have a few warm weather treats that I want to share with you but I fear that I may not get them all in due to circumstances beyond my control.  I'm really not a cold weather ice cream eater, sorry people.  You won't be finding gallons of fudge ripple in my freezer in November and as much as I love pumpkin ice cream I rarely indulge.  It makes me shiver!  In November you will most definitely find me curled up on the couch with a blanket, a good book, and a cup of warm goodness that may or may not be spiked.

This recipe isn't spiked but now that I am writing about it I wonder if I could make that work??   For now I will share with you a fudge pop that does not require a package of pudding from Bill Cosby.

Now look at that picture and tell me you don't want to make these.  They are freaking awesome.  The level of chocolatey goodness is pretty much unbelievable.  When I bit into this baby for the picture my knees buckled a little bit and I may have even moaned.  They are that good.



Fudge Pops
8 oz bittersweet chocolate, chopped
1 cup milk (2% or whole)
2 Tbs cocoa powder
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
2 tsp vanilla

In a double boiler melt chocolate completely.  Remove from heat and let cool slightly.

In a saucepan over medium heat place the cocoa powder and milk, whisking until combined.  Add in heavy cream and vanilla and heat through.  Pour over cooling chocolate and whisk until mixture is smooth.

Pour into 6 popsicle molds and freeze completely, at least 4 hours.

Servings: 6
Cooking Times
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Inactive Time: 4 hours

5 comments:

  1. I was just trying to figure out what popsicle I would make next. These look perfect. Unfortunately I think we have not had a very warm summer at all. Although it's better than having it be over 100 degrees, I don't really feel like we have had that great of weather. I say that as it is grey outside this morning. I think this summer in Seattle was worse than last year. Sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, the heat is on in my office and I'm wearing a cardigan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look so refreshing and delicious!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These fudge pops are looking great! These pops are not very difficult and yet they stand out from the regular ones! Loved your blog and loved the blog header! Class!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had me at cream and chocolate. *Sighs and drools*

    ReplyDelete