Friday, August 5, 2011

Cinnamon Cookies


Woah there, how's that for a close-up?  Mmmm let's try this again.


Is that better?  This is what minimal effort will get me in the photography department.  Minimal as in I got out the camera and snapped a shot so what more do you want?  Yeah, that kind of effort. 

I promised cookies and I delivered.  These are one of my husband's favorite and I promised cookies specifically for him in my last post because he rocks.  He rocks even more today because he totally KILLED it at work yesterday.  Even more deserving than the day before of cookies.  So here they are.

They aren't snickerdoodles because then those would be my son Damian's favorite cookie.  Nope, these aren't snickerdoodles, but my son still likes them.  These are buttery goodness with cinnamon wrapped up in cinnamon sugar.  They come together quickly and don't make a wagon load of cookies which sometimes can be nice. 

Cinnamon Cookies
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
cinnamon sugar

1. In a mixer bowl, cream together sugar and butter; beat in egg and vanilla.

2. Sift together flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt. Add to butter mixture. Blend well.

3. Shape dough into small balls about 1 inch in diameter. Roll in cinnamon sugar to coat. Set cookies 1-inch apart on lightly greased cookie sheets.

4. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or till the edges are lightly browned. Cool slightly on pans, then remove to racks to cool completely.

Servings: 30ish (depending on how much dough you eat!)
Cooking Times
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Oven Temperature: 350°F


4 comments:

  1. Yum, cinnamon/sugar has to be one of my favorite flavor combos, especially in a cookie. These look like soft puffy clouds of deliciousness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Cookies that have cinnamon sugar rock, even if they aren't Snickerdoodles :-P. These look great Heidi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure your house was filled with the wonderful aroma of cinnamon when they were baking. If I guess right those cookies must be gone with a blink of the eye.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These sound fantastic. I love cinnamon.

    ReplyDelete