Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Alaskan Amber Salmon




This is one of the best salmon recipes I have ever made.  It's easy, it's good, and it involves beer so what could be better?  True, I don't like beer, though the neighbor that I mentioned here made a lemon beer that was actually quite tasty and I even drank an entire glass.  I may not love to drink beer but I sure do love to cook with it.  Yep, I used beer from my neighbor for this recipe too.  Pretty tasty stuff.  Even better is using fresh sockey salmon, oh what a treat!  I have made this in the oven as well and that turns out just as well.  I've included the oven temp and cooking time, if you choose to cook your salmon in the oven.

Alaskan Amber Ale Salmon Marinade
2 lbs salmon fillets
6 oz Alaskan Amber Ale (or another beer of your choice)
6 oz soy sauce
8 garlic cloves, pressed
2 inch piece gingerroot, finely grated
3/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped

Mix all of the ingredients, except the salmon, in a bowl to make the marinade.

Place the fish fillets in a freezer bag, add the marinade, squeeze all the air out of the bag and seal the bag. Allow the fillets to marinate for 12 to 24 hours.

Grill salmon in foil packets until flakey, about 12 minutes.  Alternately, preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place salmon pieces on a parchment lined baking sheet.  Cook fillets 12 minutes or until meat can be flaked with a fork.

Servings: 8
Cooking Times
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 12 minutes
Inactive Time: 24 hours
Oven Temperature: 425°F

2 comments: