Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Mango Milk




I have a very sick boy on my hands.  We are on day number 3 of the stomach flu, and day 2 of antibiotics for an ear infection.  Getting him to eat has been a challenge to say the least, he has lost 7 pounds this week and chicken soup is only getting us so far.  I know many of you will tell me that I should be sticking with clear liquids or the BRAT diet but at this point I'm game for whatever the kid will eat and keep down for longer than a half hour without complaining of a horrible tummy ache.

My solution is mango milk.  It's a few simple ingredients blended until smooth and creamy.  It's like a milkshake only better.  It's a stretch to call this a recipe but it's one of those simple things that is so simple you might not notice the ingredients you have sitting in your stash already; it's worth mentioning.  I'm sure that other fruits would work lovely here as well but I just so happend to have a wonderfully ripe mango on my counter that needed to be used up.

Mango Milk
1 very ripe mango (MUST be soft and perfumed)
2 cups milk
1 Tbs sugar, if desired
ice, to serve

Cut the mango into very small pieces over your blender, catching the juices.  Add milk and sugar.  Blend for several minutes, until mixuture is thick and creamy. Serve in glasses over a little ice.

Servings: 4
Cooking Times
Preparation Time: 5 minutes






No comments:

Post a Comment