Monday, May 9, 2011

Iced Chai Coffee



Oh my, the weather forecast calls for sunny skies and 60 degrees!  Let me tell you how much of a treat this is:  I live Seattle-ish where we see less than 60 days of truly beautiful blue skies a year.  The Oatmeal accurately depicts how I feel about Seattle weather.  It's the grey skies that really get you, not the rain.  I love the rain but the grey can suck it because it makes you feel like you live in a cave.  It's May and it's true,  I'm a freeze baby who wore her wool coat to walk her dog this morning. 

When the sun does come out to play though, let me tell you, it is gorgeous.  Absolutely glorious. 

On days like this I like to embrace the sunshine, wear my capris, and a tshirt (but let's be clear I keep a sweatshirt and blanket in the car at all times), and sip on warm day drinks like this iced chai coffee.  You have to plan a bit ahead so brew up an extra cup or two of coffee in the morning and you will have an awesome afternoon treat.

Iced Chai Coffee
a coffee cup full of strong just-brewed coffee
1-2 black chai tea bags (depending on how strong you want it)
2 -3 tsp sugar (optional)
4 -5 ice cubes
6 oz milk (half and half would be decadent and I like evaporated milk here as well)

Place tea bags into just brewed coffee and let steep for several minutes.  Remove bags and transfer coffee to fridge to cool.  A couple hours here is definitely best but in a pinch you could get away with less time.

Add sugar and milk to coffee and serve over ice.

Servings: 1
Cooking Times
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
Inactive Time: 20 min - 2 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment