Sunday, May 15, 2011

Ham and Cheese Pie



This is one of those family traditions that dates back to when I was a little girl.  Every Christmas and every Easter my mom would bake a ham and this meal would be designated for leftovers.  I carry on that tradition in my house.  Yes, I'm a little late this year but freezing ham is awesome!  It means you don't have to eat it for the dozen meal directly after the big day. 

My family loves this meal as much as I do which I think is great.  I love eating a piece of my childhood and sharing it with my husband and children.  I'm quite alright with the fact that as they sink their teeth into a meal like this that they don't quite understand the connection that the meal brings to the table for me.  As we eat I feel a huge sense of satisfaction and comfort.

Of course, you could make your own crust but I'm not good with crust yet, and in fact it's quite intimidating for me.  Feel free to replace your pie crust with the frozen one listed in the ingredients.  Any ham will do though the better the quality of the ham the better this pie will taste.

Ham and Cheese Pie
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 eggs
1 Tbs cornstarch
1 cup cubed ham
1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, cubed
1 frozen pie crust

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Mix mayo, eggs, and cornstarch in a bowl until combined.

Add ham and cheese and mix together. Pour into frozen pie crust.

Bake for 40 minutes or until middle has set.

Servings: 6
Cooking Times
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
Oven Temperature: 350°F

No comments:

Post a Comment