Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Chicken Ricotta Enchiladas



Belly laughs are good and good girlfriends are awesome.  You know the kind of laugh where your tummy hurts and you feel this super closeness to the girl who made you pee your pants.  That's the kind of laugh I'm talking about. 

I'm not a girl with a huge circle of friends but I do have a few and I enjoy my time with them.  I've learned along the way in life that even though you work with someone and may not ever carry on a friendship outside of work that doesn't lessen the value or closeness of the friendship.  Same goes for my fellow baseball moms.  I love them to pieces but once baseball season comes to a close I can't seem to reach these ladies on the phone.  Situational friends I call them and those too are meaningful in their own way.  I share a huge chunk of my time with these ladies so how could I not consider them to be my friends?

I had the best belly laugh yesterday.  My work friend Liza is a hoot and she sits in my office and relays stories about life in a way that only Liza can.  She cracks herself up and talks louder than I do which I adore.  My husband calls me Kramer because not only do I barge into rooms with exuberance but I also speak with the same exuberance during conversations.  The fact that Liza's octave level trumps mine is something I hold near and dear to my heart.  I tend to like loud people who are full of life but not too full of themselves.  I also tend to gravitate towards people, who like myself, assume that the world revolves around them.  I know that these things seem like they cancel each other out but until you know somebody like me, only then can you realize that they do not.  It's hard to explain.

It's also hard to explain these enchiladas.  I mean are they Italian or Mexican?  It seems to me that they can't make up their mind.  I, like these enchiladas, at first glance make you wonder if the combination is going to work, but trust me it does.  Give either one of a us a true try and I'm betting you will like both of us.  How's that for not being full of one's self? 


Chicken Ricotta Enchiladas
1 cup water, divided
1 (1 1/4 ounce) packages taco seasoning
2 Tbs oil, divided
4 -5 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
16 ounces salsa
15 ounces ricotta cheese
1 (4 ounce) cans chopped green chilies
1 egg
1 tsp dried cilantro
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 (10 1/2 ounce) packages flour tortillas
2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese

Heat chicken, 1/2 cup water, and taco seasoning over medium low heat in a skillet.

Combine 1/2 cup salsa and remaining water and spoon over greased 9x13 inch baking dish, and spread evenly oveer bottom of dish.

Stir together ricotta cheese, green chilies, egg, cilantro, salt, and pepper. Spoon 1/3 cup cheese mixture down center of each tortilla, top with chicken, and rollup.

Place tortillas seam side down, over salsa mixture in dish. Drizzle remaining salsa over enchiladas and sprinkle with monterey jack cheese.

Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.

Servings: 6
Cooking Times
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
Oven Temperature: 350°F

No comments:

Post a Comment