Monday, May 30, 2011

Chardonnay Spinach Turkey Burgers



It's 10am and I just woke up.  I'm the only one in my family that has managed to get out of bed yet and it's been like this all weekend.  We've slept in late, taken naps, and I even slept right through dinner last night.  It's amazing what a long weekend of having absolutely nothing planned will teach you about how running ragged you really have been the past few months.  I'm thankful now that we cancelled our plans to go out of town.  I just can't imagine attempting to have fun when deep down I am this exhausted.  This morning that "fog" feeling kind of feels like it is lifting.  Thank goodness because it's back to work tomorrow.

It's days like these that I'm thankful for a recipe like this.  It is so stinking good you guys and best of all, it's in my freezer just begging me to make it.  It's a fabulous twist on a regular burger that is just perfect for a Memorial Day post.  Who knows it might even crack 61 degrees on this summer opening weekend.  Woo Hoo.  Enjoy the burger no matter what your weather. 


Chardonnay Spinach Turkey Burgers modified from food.com
1.25 lbs ground turkey
8 hamburger buns
1 (10 ounce) boxes frozen chopped spinach (drained, squeezed and thawed)
4 slices bacon, diced and sauteed
1/4 cup grated onion
1 egg white
1/4 cup Chardonnay wine
2 tsp garlic, minced
2 tsp fresh parsley, chopped fine
2 scallions, greens chopped
1 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp ground black pepper
8 slices monterey jack cheese
Tarragon Mayo
1 Tbs fresh tarragon, minced
4 Tbs mayonnaise
1 pinch red pepper flakes

Saute the bacon in a non stick pan on medium heat until crispy, add the onion and garlic and cook just a minute until soft.

To a large bowl, add the turkey, bacon mixture, (not the drippings), eggs chardonnay, parsley, scallions, spinach and mix well but do not over mix. It will only make the burgers tough.

Form 8 patties, placing them on a cookie sheet on waxed or parchement paper.  Flash freeze for 15-30 minutes.  (At this point I freeze half and then go to cook the other half.) 

Grill or pan fry the burgers a few minutes on each side, until desired doneness.

Mix the mayonnaise, red pepper and tarragon together.  Slather mayo on buns, add lettuce, tomato, and cheese to serve.

Servings: 8
Cooking Times
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Inactive Time: 30 minutes

2 comments:

  1. Just stumbled across your site...love this recipe! We eat turkey burgers pretty often, and wine-lovers we are...I will try this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cassie! These are great burgers, a definite family favorite! Plus I get my kids eating cooked spinach which is an awesome added benefit. :)

    ReplyDelete