Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Running Ragged

I feel like it's been forever since I posted but in truth it's only been a few days.  I've been running pretty ragged for a few weeks now completely being knocked from my usual mundane routine.  I have been out of town 2 weekends in a row already and I'm preparing shortly for my 3rd and final weekend on the run.  This completely messes with my routine of planning menus, going shopping, and then cooking for the week. 

I haven't been to the store in nearly 2 weeks to do a substantial shopping and we are eating from a bare bones pantry and freezer.  I thought I'd share the meals that I've planned or otherwise hope to pull together.  Some are fancier than others and at times I have resorted to things that may make you cringe but my family eats them so we haven't gone hungry.

Monday (urgent care visit): cheesy macaroni hamburger helper
Tuesday (another scheduled doctor's visit that lasted 1 1/2 hours): buttermilk pancakes
Wednesday (hip hop dance class): thawed marinated and cooked chicken, penne pasta, and pesto
Thursday (OMG not a thing to do!?! except pack for my 6 am flight) cheese enchiladas

 It isn't always fancy and it isn't always planned but I do still manage to feed my family even when I haven't had time to plan.  Hey life happens!  I've been known to give my husband leftovers, let my kids eat a bowl of cereal, and eat tuna and crackers from the can.

No comments:

Post a Comment