Thursday, April 14, 2011

Pesto Pasta with Chicken


I'm still going at a million miles a minute but the end kind of feels like it is in sight.  Yesterday was filled with a full day's work, emails to Domo's teacher, a bit of baking for a later post, paying bills, taking the kiddo to hip hop class, grocery shopping for my boys for the weekend, and watching my Mariner's lose another ball game. 

Thank goodness I like to plan ahead.  I pulled chicken out of the freezer the night before, leftovers from a previous meal.  It had been marinated in italian dressing and broiled to perfection in just around 20 minutes.  I intended to use penne pasta but I had exactly 8 oz. of shells that I needed to use up.  This isn't a typical shape of pasta I purchase so it had probably been sitting in my cupboard for a good six months.  I pulled pre-made Kirkland brand pesto from Costco out of the freezer, and presto, I had dinner in about 15 minutes.  What a beautiful thing on such a busy evening!

Pesto Pasta With Chicken
8 oz pasta
1/2 cup pre-made pesto
4 oz cooked chicken, diced
salt and pepper to taste
a pinch of red pepper flakes
3 oz parmesan cheese

Cook pasta al dente and drain.  Add back to pot.  Add pesto and stir.

Add chicken, salt, and red pepper flakes. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese before serving.

Servings: 4
Cooking Times
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment