Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Honey Spice Pancakes


I'm feeling needy.  I need a little bit of comfort so today's post is all about that for me.  My favorite meal is breakfast and my favorite thing to make is pancakes.  Pancakes aren't my favorite to eat, I prefer something savory, but the process of making pancakes and serving them up to my family is very comforting.  That's just what I need right now. 

Honey Spice Pancakes
1 cup flour
1/12 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/8 tsp allspice
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1 1/4 cups milk
3 Tbs melted butter
4 Tbs honey

In a medium sized bowl sift together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice.  In another bowl (or measuring cup) combine eggs, milk, butter, and honey.  Add wet ingredients to dry and whisk until combined.

In a medium sized frying pan or griddle that has been preheated over medium heat, place 1/3 cup of batter.  When bubbles start to form and pop in the middle of the pancake, about 2 minutes, flip with a spatula.  Cook on an additional minute or until brown.

Top with butter and maple syrup.

Servings: 4
Cooking Times
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 3 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment