Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Peach Salad


Somewhere between there (the start of this blog) and here (today's date) I have gained 7 pounds.  Hell!  How did I let this happen?  Lots of trial and error on loaves of bread and batches of unsuccessful brownies are surely to be the cause.  The pants I bought last month are too snug on my ass and wrinkle when I walk down the hallway which makes me both embarrased and sad.  I knew that I should have kept my fat pants but alas I did not, they were recently donated to Good will. 

So!  The solution is to eat healthier and get back to looking and feeling like a hottie.  The following recipe comes from Cooking Light Annual Recipes 2006 and it is so so very good.  I ate this all by my lonesome for lunch one day but it can easily be a snack or side for two.  My son Domo thought that the cucumber was apple and until I told him the facts he wanted a bite so this will be made with apple in the future so he can eat some.  He loves a good fruit salad and this is definitely one.

Peach Salad
1 cups peaches (thawed if frozen, I used jarred from the refrigerator section)
1 cup thinly sliced seeded peeled cucumber
1 Tbs lemon juice
2 tsp honey
2 tsp minced fresh mint
1/2 cup fresh raspberries

Mix together peaches and cucumber.  Drizzle with lemon juice and honey.  Snip mint with kitchen shears on top.  Fold in raspberries.
Servings: 1-2
Cooking Times
Preparation Time: 10 minutes

1 comment: