Saturday, March 19, 2011

Egg and Bacon Frittata


Ah, its the weekend again!  Bliss, beautiful bliss.  This morning I wanted eggs and bacon but not in the skillet, and not something I had to watch on the stove so I chose a baked egg and bacon frittata. 

I broiled the bacon while I mixed up the eggs and the rest of the ingredients, poured the eggs into my baking dish, crumbled the bacon on top, and tossed it in the oven.  I was then able to relax, snuggle up with a cup of coffee and read a few pages from The Blind Side that I started too long ago.




Egg and Bacon Frittata
7 large eggs
1 cup half-and-half cream (or use milk)
2 Tbs melted butter
1 tsp seasoning salt (can use 1/2 teaspoon)
1/4 tsp black pepper (or to taste)
2 green onions, chopped
6 slices bacon (cooked and crumbled)
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (can use less)

Set oven to 350 degrees. Butter an 11 x 7-inch baking dish.

In a bowl whisk together eggs, half and half cream (or milk) melted butter, seasoned salt and black pepper; pour into the prepared baking dish,. Sprinkle the green onions, bacon and cheddar cheese on top.

Bake uncovered for about 25 minutes or until the eggs are just set.

Servings: 8
Cooking Times
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
Oven Temperature: 350°F

No comments:

Post a Comment