Thursday, March 3, 2011

Buttery Rolls

This post is for my friend Evalynn (if you are reading this hi Evalynn!) who called me a few days ago and wondered why the bread that she makes in her bread machine doesn't turn out well.  I asked her if she was baking the bread in her bread machine and she affirmed this.  My suggestion to her was to use the dough cycle only, shape into a loaf or rolls, let rise again, and then bake.  I thought I would share my family's favorite recipe for rolls in hopes that she will try them and love them too. 

I make theses babies all the time and they are so good that they even have a place on my Thanksgiving table.  My favorite way to eat them is plain as a late night snack but they are wonderful slathered with butter and jam, or dipped into your favorite casserole or soup.

Buttery Rolls
1/2 cup butter
1 1/4 cups milk
1 large egg
3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 1/4 tsp salt
2 1/4 tsp active dry yeast
nonstick cooking spray

Melt butter in microwave and add to milk in a large 3 cup measure.  Add egg and beat slightly.  Add the liquid ingredients to the bottom of bread machine.

Add flour, sugar, and salt on top of liquid ingredients.  Make a crater and add yeast into crater.  Process ingredients on the dough cycle of bread machine.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray 12 muffin pans with nonstick cooking spray.  Divide dough into 12 equal portions.  Let dough rise on top of pre-heated oven for 30 minutes.

Bake 12-15 minutes or until tops are lightly browned.

Servings: 12
Cooking Times
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 12 minutes
Inactive Time: 2 hours and 20 minutes
Oven Temperature: 400°F


No comments:

Post a Comment