Monday, March 28, 2011

Brussels Sprout Salad


After Saturday's total disaster in the kitchen I decided yesterday that I was not going to take on one single culinary adventure this week.  That is until I told my friend Jess this morning that I would try and make that bread again in the Kitchen Aid tonight.  We'll see if I get around to that and how that turns out.  Even if I did previously damn the Kitchen Aid.  I do hope she didn't hear me and/or take it personally (the Kitchen Aid I mean).

So culinary adventures aside I bring you today something that is fail proof for me.  Roasted Brussels sprouts salad in an easy peasy bacon vinagrette.  This is right up my alley right now.  Simple, easy, without a lot of effort, and oh did I meantion easy?  I found the recipe here.

Brussels Sprout Salad With Warm Vinagrette
4 Tbs olive oil
1 lb Brussels sprouts
salt & pepper (to taste)
6 slices smoked bacon
1/3 cup white wine vinegar
1 1/2 Tbs maple syrup
2 tsp Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
6 cups romaine lettuce (chopped)
Preheat the oven to 375F.

Trim Brussels sprouts and cut in half. Toss the Brussels sprouts with 2 tbsp olive oil, salt and pepper and lay out on a baking sheet.

Bake the Brussels sprouts at 375F until crisp and lightly browned (about 20 minutes).

Cook the bacon in a large skillet until crispy, flipping frequently.Reserve 2 tbsp of the bacon fat and set the bacon aside.

For the dressing, turn the heat to low and add the vinegar, syrup, mustard, salt and 2 tbsp olive oil to the bacon drippings, stirring vigorously to combine.

Add the lettuce and toss with the Brussels sprouts and vinaigrette. Top with fresh ground black pepper and serve immediately.

Servings: 4
Cooking Times
Preparation Time: 25 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Oven Temperature: 375°F

No comments:

Post a Comment